Carrabelle is known for great fishing options. Bay, flats, river, coastal and offshore all are available and in abundance just minutes from the Club. Frank, Chester and the staff are well versed and knowledgeable with local information and more than happy to assist you with a great fishing experience. Your boat will be ready and waiting when you arrive.
- Speckled Trout
- King Fish
- Triple Tail
- Blackfin Tuna
The 5th Annual “Fishing Assassin Challenge”
It’s that time of year again folks! As the anticipation builds, we want you to know that you’re invited and encouraged to participate. This tournament is held for fun, but after 5 years there is a small aspect of competition and bragging rights. Tournament prizes include the perpetual Spessard Holland Award, trophies, Shimano fishing rod & reels, Costa sunglasses, 75 quart Orca Cooler, and much more with no entry fee! We want to show customers how much we appreciate their business and provide a fun environment for customer interactions that have, and will create lasting relationships. The tournament will conclude with an Award Presentation announcing our tournament winners. This event will include food, refreshments, live music, and fireworks!
We hope to see you here fishing from May 1, 2019—June 30, 2019. Please see the Fishing Assassin Challenge rules and regulations below.
Note: This is a season-long fishing tournament, customers may enter any day within operational hours. Just weigh-in. The award presentation will also be held on July 5, 2019.
Fish Species & Regulations:
Min. Size Limit / Daily Bag Limit
June 11, 2019 – June 12, 2019
June 11, 2019 – July 12, 2019.
Possible 2019 Fall season TBD.
16″ TL /
2 per person.
Included in 10 per person per day aggregate.
April 1, 2019
through June 30, 2019 & September 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
Federal Waters:June 1, 2019
through December 31, 2019
24″ TL /
2 per person. Included in 4 per person per day aggregate.
All Angler Division
33″ Fork length / 1 per day or 2 per vessel. Which ever is less.
All Angler Division
24″ Fork Length /
3 per person
Not less than 18″ and no more than 27″ total length / 1 fish per person per day;8 fish vessel limit.
SPECKLED SEA TROUT
Not less than 15″ and no more than 20″. May posses 1 fish over 20″ within bag limit / 5 per person per day.
12″ Fork Length / 15 per person per day.
State Waters: May 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019 & August 1, 2019 – October 31, 2019
34″ Fork Length / 1 per person per day.
- ENTRY IS FREE. All Carrabelle Boat Club members are welcome to participate.
- Eligible Fish: (Offshore Division) Grouper, Snapper
- Eligible Fish: (All Angler Division) Cobia, King Fish
- Eligible Fish: (Inshore Division) Red Fish, Speckled Trout, Spanish Mackerel
- Eligible Fish: (Reef Donkey Challenge) Amberjack – Is NOT included in Aggregate Division.
- Each boat may weigh 2 fish per division per day (within State and Federal regulations).
- Weigh-in will be open from 12:00 am ET to closing time.
- The Club is open from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm ET (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), and from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET (Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday). The Club is closed on Tuesday. Hours may be extended due to peak-season demand.
- Fish to be weighed must be brought to weigh-in on the boat from which they were caught. Angler must accompany fish to scale.
- Fish must be weighed on the day of which it was caught.
- The tournament reserves the right to reject any fish due to poor condition or mutilation.
- Fish will be weighed, identified as weighed, and weighed only once.
- Fish will remain property of angler (with exception to rule 17).
- Fish are weighed and recorded in pounds and ounces, in the event of a tie first fish weighed wins.
- Anglers must comply with all applicable state and federal laws regarding fishing licenses, permits, size limits, bag limits, or any other regulation which may apply.
- Rulings made by the tournament committee with regard to all tournament issues are final. Tournament committee consists of Caden Barber, Frank Sheridan and Andrew Waller.
- No cheating. No protests. No complaining. Those in violation of previous will have their fish confiscated and eaten by the tournament committee.
1st Place – Offshore: Single heaviest fish weighed will receive a Shimano rod & reel, a club t-shirt and one free boat wash.
1st Place – All Angler: Single heaviest fish weighed will receive Costa Sunglasses, an igloo cooler, club t-shirt and one free boat wash.
1st Place – Inshore: Single heaviest fish weighed will receive a Shimano rod & reel, a club t-shirt, and one free boat wash.
Reef Donkey Challenge: Single heaviest Amberjack weighed will receive a Trophy, a Hurricane Billy Club, a club t-shirt, $100 gas, and one free boat wash. OPEN May 1 – May 31 2019. Is NOT included in overall aggregate weight.
(Note: Weeks end on Monday at the end of business. The Club is closed Tuesday.)
Terms & Conditions
- All participants consent by weighing in fish to permit The Carrabelle Boat Club to publish photographs to social media (face book) and other websites.
- Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless; Tournament Committee, The Carrabelle Boat Club, Coastal Marina Management, and those involved in sponsoring, operating, and managing tournaments.
- Awards may not be redeemed for cash. Awards may only be used for those in current good standing with the Carrabelle Boat Club and may not be applied to arrears.